Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Rocking On - Farhan Akhtar




He's acted and he's sung, he's directed, produced and written films and now… he is also anchoring a TV show. Here are some excerpts from the tête-à-tête with the man of stupendous skills, the handsome guy girls drool over… Farhan Akhtar.

After impressing one and all with your acting skills, are you itching to get back into directing titled Voice from the Sky?
Yes. I will be directing very soon. Right now, I don’t know whether that will be my earlier postponed directorial venture Voice From The Sky or not, but direction is on my agenda.

Voice from the Sky has been pending for quite sometime.
In fact, I wanted to make this film immediately after Dil Chahta Hai. It’s an English film that has tremendous international appeal. There’s an audience for this film beyond India. It’s a period film set in 1905 in Kolkata. It’s about a child and the telephone invention. It’s a fairytale. Let’s see when and how things shape up.

You have recently been roped in by Sudhir Mishra to play lead role in his film in which you would paired opposite Kareena Kapoor. How does it feel?
Oh! I'm looking forward to working with Kareena. She has been a friend for many years. This script gives both of us a chance to try something we have not done before. We are in the process of finalising the deal

Tell us about the film.
Hmm.. This film dwells upon the political dynamics of a man-woman relationship. Kareena has a role to die for. It is a hugely fascinating part. When Sudhir Mishra narrated the script I liked it immediately.

We also hear that you have plans to cut a music album.
Precisely yes. But for that I need to take out a chunk of time and devote my full attention to it. Singing is not just a hobby. It never was. I need to pursue it seriously. And not only because of Rock On!. I have been into it even as a teen. I can’t just have someone else composing the songs while I go in the studio and record. I have further oplans that I don’t intend to reveal as of now (smiles).

How did the television chat show, Oye! It’s Friday happen?
Well, it just so happened that I was approached to host the show and I was quite fascinated by its concept. Last year has been the year of experimentation and new experiences for me... acting, singing, hosting... I have had a good time doing all of it. All the people involved in the show are there for the right reason, to have fun. I always knew it would be fun because I would be hanging out with my friends from the industry.



No comments: